P. E. S. College of Engineering, Mandya was started in the year 1962 by People’s Education Society®, Mandya under the leadership of Late Sri K. V. Shankara Gowda.
The college is permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, and has obtained Autonomous status in the year 2008-09 by the UGC. It is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The college is functioning under the Grant-in-Aid code, Government of Karnataka and also beneficiary of TEQIP grants.
Plus Awarded Ph.D
Late Sri. K V Shankara Gowda, fondly called as KVS, former minister of education and well known as "Nithya Sachiva" founded and registered People's Education Society currently known as People's Education Trust(R) in 1958. The demise of Sri K.V.Shankara gowda made way to Sahakara Rathna Sri Dr.H.D Chowdaiah as a chairman of the Society After his retirement the mantle of chairmanship has been passed on to the young and energetic Sri K S Vijay Anand.
Since its inception in 1962, the P.E.S College of Engineering, Mandya has established itself as a Premier Engineering Institution in Karnataka. It is engaged in imparting quality technical education and providing support to technical education and research activities. P.E.S.C.E. is committed to enhance capabilities and potential of our human resources with the objective of transforming them into leaders in their chosen area of interest. Our distinguished alumni have occupied coveted positions both in India and abroad and are a great source of pride and inspiration to us.