Automobile Engineering -> Overview
The discipline Automobile Engineering was established in the year 1980, and now it has gained expertise and contributing vitally to the Automobile Engineering community. The focus is to consistently pursue in providing innovative and quality training to the talented and dedicated students, to empower them in engineering the development of national economy, specialized in transport sector
We are the pioneers in Karnataka to introduce the Department of Automobile Engineering to impart sound automotive knowledge to the students with a passion towards Automobiles. We take honour in being recognized as a 'research centre' in Karnataka by VTU and Mysore University.
In addition to these regular programmes, this department is also actively involved in conducting Faculty Development Programmes, Technical talks, Training programmes and technical visits to various industries & regular industrial trainings for the benefits of students. The department has well qualified and well experienced faculty members to meet the present day curriculum requirements both in theory and practical.
“To be a distinguished centre for imparting quality education in automobile engineering to develop competent and socially responsible engineers and carryout research on continuous basis for the betterment of the society”
The Department of Automobile Engineering is committed to
- AUM1: To give best learning experience through innovative teaching practices supported by excellent laboratory infrastructure and exposure to recent trends in the automotive industry.
- AUM2: Provide in-depth knowledge in automobile engineering with equal emphasis on theoretical and practical aspects and interdisciplinary problem solving skills.
- AUM3: Inculcate societal responsibility and ethical values through personality development programs.
- AUM4: Focus on Industry-institute interaction, for better understanding of the state of the art technologies, Promoting research and also to build the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of the program will be able to
- PEO1: To prepare Graduates to pursue a successful career in automotive and allied industries and/or to pursue higher education and/or to become entrepreneur.
- PEO2: To develop expertise in the core area ofautomobile engineering such as design, manufacturing, and servicing with a focus on research and innovation for the benefit of the society.
- PEO3: To enable graduates to apply interdisciplinary engineering knowledge to solve practical automobile engineering problems.
- PEO 4: To prepare graduates to demonstrate professionalism, team work, communication skills, ethical conduct, and societal responsibility and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- PO1 - Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 - Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3 - Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4 - Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 - Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 - The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7 - Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 - Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9 - Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 - Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 - Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 - Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Specific skills enhanced in this programme can enable the Graduates to
- PSO1 Apply the basic and advanced knowledge of automobile, manufacturing, materials and thermal engineering to analyze and solve a realistic/practical problem.
- PSO2 Design basic automotive systems and make use of advanced automotive systems to improve the performance, safety, maintenance and management of automobiles.
- PSO3 Use modern tools and carry out research in automotive domain for providing solutions to automotive and societal issues.