Electronics & Communication Engineering -> Overview
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was incepted in the year 1967 with an undergraduate program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Initially program had an intake of 60 students and presently 150 students graduate every year. The long journey of 50 years has seen satisfactory contributions to the society, nation and world. The alumni of this department has strong global presence making their alma mater proud in every sector they represent. Department has started its PG program in the year 2012 in the specialization of VLSI design and Embedded systems. Equipped with qualified and dedicated faculty department has focus on VLSI design, Embedded systems and Image processing. The quality of teaching and training has yielded high growth rate of placement at various organizations. Large number of candidates pursuing research programs (M.Sc/Ph D) is a true testimonial to the research potential of the department. The Department is recognized as Research Centre by V T U and Mysore University offers part time and full time Ph.D. Programs.
Department has started its PG program in the year 2012 in the specialization of VLSI design and Embedded systems. Equipped with qualified and dedicated faculty department has focus on VLSI design, Embedded systems and Image processing. The quality of teaching and training has yielded high growth rate of placement at various organizations. Large number of candidates pursuing research programs (M.Sc/Ph D) is a true testimonial to the research potential of the department.
The department of E & C would endeavour to create a pool of Engineers who would be extremely competent technically, ethically strong also fulfil their obligation in terms of social responsibility.
- M1: Adopt the best pedagogical methods and provide the best facility, infrastructure and an ambience conducive to imbibe technical knowledge and practicing ethics.
- M2: Group and individual exercises to inculcate habit of analytical and strategic thinking to help the students to develop creative thinking and instil team skills
- M3: MoUs and Sponsored projects with industry and R & D organizations for collaborative learning
- M4: Enabling and encouraging students for continuing education and moulding them for life-long learning process
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of the program will be able to
- PEO1: Graduates to exhibit knowledge in mathematics, engineering fundamentals applied to Electronics and Communication Engineering for professional achievement in industry, research and academia
- PEO2: Graduates to identify, analyse and apply engineering concepts for design of Electronics and Communication Engineering systems and demonstrate multidisciplinary expertise to handle societal needs and meet contemporary requirements
- PEO3: Graduates to perform with leadership qualities, team spirit, management skills, attitude and ethics need for successful career, sustained learning and entrepreneurship.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Program Specific Outcomes of bachelor degree (B.E, E&C) program are defined as follows which are in line with the Program specific criteria (PSC) as defined by IEEE.
After the graduation, the student will have:
- An ability to understand the basic concepts in Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them in the design and implementation of Electronics and communication systems.
- An ability to solve complex problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering, using latest hardware and software tools, along with analytical skills to arrive at appropriate solutions.