Industrial & Production Engineering -> Overview
The Department of Industrial and Production Engineering offers:
- Undergraduate Program with an intake of 40 students.
The Department of Industrial & Production Engineering was started during the year 1982 with a mission to produce the students of good management skill to cater the need of the advanced and globalized market which demand quality management people. The long journey of 39 years has seen satisfactory contributions to the society, nation and world. The alumni of this department has strong global presence making their alma mater proud in every sector they represent. The Department is having with qualified and dedicated faculties in various production and ergonomics discipline. The quality of teaching and training has yielded high growth rate of placement at various organizations. The faculty of the Department not only engage in teaching, also carry out research and have successfully supervise number of research scholars to get their Doctoral degrees.
Head of the Department Desk
|Dr. H M Nanjundaswamy M. Tech., Ph.D.
Professor & HOD
Industrial & Production Engg. Department
Dr. H M Nanjundaswamy obtained Ph. D degree in the area of Metallurgy from IIT Roorkee University in the Year 2010 and M.Tech in Production Engineering System Technology (PEST) from Mysore University in the year 1999. He is having a teaching experience of 24 years and has taught various subjects for the Industrial and Production engineering Students. He published papers in international conferences and journals. He has given many technical talks at FDP’s held at various institutions and was a key note Speaker at conference held at International Academy of Science, Technology, Engineering and Management, Munich, Germany.
"Contribute to achieve and pursue academic excellence for imparting quality education in I & P Engineering and to carry out the research activity on continuous basis to develop competent and social responsible engineers and managers."
The Department of Industrial and Production Engineering is committed to
- M1: To educate them in the fundamental concept, knowledge, skills in theory and practices.
- M2: To prepare them through skilled programmes for better Employment as engineers and managers or pursuit of advanced degrees in Industrial, Production and Mechanical Engineering fields.
- M3: To inculcate qualities of communication skills, professional personality and ethical values to make them the responsible and competent professionals.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of the program will be able to
- PEO1: Industrial and Production Engineering program will prepare graduates who will have the ability to apply the principles and techniques of traditional and modern quantitative, qualitative analysis, synthesis and effectively interpret, evaluate, select, and communicate the desired alternative in both manufacturing and service industries.
- PEO2: Industrial and Production Engineering program will prepare its graduates who will possess the required engineering competence in industrial engineering, production engineering and managerial skills.
- PEO3: Industrial and Production Engineering program will prepare graduates, who possess communication skills, professional personality and ethical values as responsible and competent entrepreneur and professionals.
The consistency of PEOs with the Mission of the department.
|PEO Statements||Mission 1 Knowledge and skills||Mission 2 Employment / Higher Education||Mission 3 Professional Ethics|
|PEO1: Industrial and Production Engineering program will prepare graduates who will have the ability to apply the principles and techniques of traditional and modern quantitative, qualitative analysis, synthesis and effectively interpret, evaluate, select, and communicate the desired alternative in both manufacturing and service industries.||3||2||1|
|PEO2: Industrial and Production Engineering program will prepare its graduates who will possess the required engineering competence in industrial engineering, production engineering and managerial skills.||2||3||1|
|PEO3: Industrial and Production Engineering program will prepare graduates, who possess communication skills, professional personality and ethical values as responsible and competent entrepreneur and professionals.||1||2||3|
Program Outcomes (POs)
The department adopted the POs specified by the NBA in the Annexure-1 of the format provided in the SAR application. The graduates of the program will be able to exhibit their skills and knowledge as per the POs.
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Industrial and Production Engineering Graduates will be able to
- PSO1: Industrial & Production engineering graduates will be able to apply the knowledge acquired in the program about materials and finishing process
- PSO2: Industrial & Production engineering graduates will be able to design product based on Ergonomic Principles
Physical InfrastructureDepartment Buildings and Laboratories:
The building consists of Head's chamber, office room, three class rooms, two staff rooms, five laboratory halls, project room, ladies waiting room, 80 seater seminar hall and departmental library.The total building space is 1422 square meters.
|1||Metrology Laboratory||:||III Sem|
|2||Computer Aided Drafting and Geometric Modelling Laboratory||:||V Sem|
|3||Skill Oriented Laboratory-I and II (Advanced Geometric Modelling –I and II)||:||V Sem and IV Sem|
|4||Industrial Engineering Lab Laboratory||:||VI Sem|
|5||Computer Aided Analysis Laboratory||:||VI Sem|
|6||CNC & Robotics Laboratory||:||VII Sem|
|7||Machine Tool Testing and Design Laboratory||:||VII Sem|
|1||HOD Room||24.05 SqMts|
|2||Faculty space||74.4 SqMts|
|3||Laboratory Space||208.2 SqMts|
|4||Students Space||205.7 SqMts|
|5||Experiential Learning Space||63.2 SqMts|
|6||Dept. Library and Office Space||24.05 SqMts|
|7||Seminar Hall Space||102.5 SqMts|
Total number of Computers: 28 Nos.Application software for laboratories:
- Solid Works
- Technomatic (Manufacturing Process Simulation Software)
- Profile projector
- Tool makers microscope
- Roundness measuring machine
- Metallurgical Microscope
- Height master
- Computer Systems with latest software
- ECG/TMT Machine
- EMG/NCV Machine
- Ambulatory ECG Recorder
- Surface Roughness Tester
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detector
- Vision Measuring Instrument