Library and Information Center -> Overview
A library is the heart of an academic institution. Our institution encourages all students and staff members to make best use of the library that has been carefully built up since the inception of the college. PES College of Engineering central library has emerged as a centre of attraction with its modern library features, updated collections. It has crossed many milestones, & developmental stages, by its continuous resource enrichment, continuous infrastructural developments, and On-time implementation of new technologies since from its establishment in the year 1962.
The institution has a good central library housed in administrative block and occupies total area of 13,099.38 sq ft. three sections in the library are lending, reference and book bank sections. 100 students can study in the library at a time. Library is fully automated & digitized.
A separate wing of the library is catering to the needs of the MBA Program.
"Outstanding knowledge dissemination centre, to develop competent professionals for the benefit of mankind."
To provide state of the art library resource materials and facilities required by the students and staff members of PES college of Engineering, which enable them to ensure best teaching / learning / research and development activities.
|Lending||10.00 AM to 5.30 PM||9.30 AM to 1.30 PM|
|Reference||8.00 AM to 8.00 PM||8.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
Special services are provided for most effective use of resources and services of the library.
- The library has internet facility with a LAN of 24 users.
- The institution is member for 12 international and 113 national journals, the hard copies of current and back volumes are available in reference sections.
- The college library is membership of VTU consortium for e-Resources to libraries.
- Stocks have been DDC classified.
- 24 CCTV cameras are installed in the library premises as security measure.
- Reprography facility is available.
- Book loan facility available against deposit for preparatory works and study during examination period.
- Back volumes of journals available for reference.
- Current Awareness Services (CAS). The library provides CAS to their users through newspaper clipping service. The new arrivals display makes them aware of what is happening in their concerned field.
- Separate section for Newspaperand Magazine are accessible.
- Previous years question papers are issued in reference section on production of the College ID card.
- Strict and absolute silence should be observed in the Library.
- Cell Phone to be switched off inside the Library.
- Bags, Big handbags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the Library. However they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit card and other valuables in the handbag.
- Library users are strictly prohibited from carrying the own books inside the library.
- Books will not be issued to members on the ID card of others.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or as may be decided by the librarian.
- Membership Cards are not transferable. Books will not be issued to students on the Membership Card of staff members.
- Books will be issued subject to availability only.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Absence from the College will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books.
- The book has to be produced in the Library for renewal.
- More than one renewal will not be allowed.
- The Borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her ID Card.
- No reminders will be issued to individuals but consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the University.
- Library timings and details of fine structure are displayed on the Library display Boards.
The above rules are intended to regulate the best use of Library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the Changing needs. Any changes in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when required.