Sports -> Overview
P. E. S. College of Engineering, Mandya, under the guidance of Late Sri. K V Shankara Gowda, Founder, Former Education Minister and under the current chairmanship of Sri. K S Vijay Anand, caters to the educational needs of youth by running well-established technical institution.
The P.E.S College of Engineering, Mandya has also taken up the responsibility of promoting sports in an extensive manner. It has impressive state-of-the-art infrastructure for sports, comprising of most advanced, sophisticated and modern sports facilities.
- As a first attempt, the Indoor Stadium was constructed at the cost of Rs.1.0 crore in the year 1998 consisting of four Badminton Wooden Courts, Multi Gymnasium for boys and girls (separate and 45 members at a time), Chess, Carom, and Weight Lifting.
- A cement Basket Ball Court was constructed in the year 1998 at an expense of Rs.10 lakhs.
- In the year 1999, Swimming Pool with eight tracks (25 Mts. In Length) was constructed at a cost of Rs.71.5 lakhs. The swimming pool is complete with all modern facilities like filter mechanism and chlorine-oxygen control system.
- PESCE Cricket Stadium with turf cricket Ground was built in the year 2002 at a cost of Rs.1 Crore 60 lakhs.
- In the year 2003, three synthetic Tennis courts of International Standard at the cost of Rs. 25 Lakhs and Clay Tennis court (ITF Tournament in Dec. 2010, June 2012) was made.
- Table Tennis Indoor stadium was started in the year 2002 and in the year 2004, Multi-Purpose Stadium was renovated at the cost of Rs. 25 lakhs. This stadium is for Athletics (Eg: 200 meters track) and also for Football and Hockey.
- In the 2005, a Mini Outdoor stadium was constructed for the purpose of Ball badminton and hand ball.
- Along with the above said games, Volleyball, Kho-Kho and Kabbaddi have also been provided with independent courts.
- The PESCE has not confined itself to provide mere physical infrastructure but has also been able to attract good coaches from SAI/SAK and Private Coaches to impart training in Badminton, Gym, Swimming, Weight lifting, Table Tennis, Tennis Cricket etc., to name few, PET Tennis Association, PET Cricket Academy, PET Swimming Academy, PET Badminton Academy etc.
Physical Education and sports wing of PESCE holds a passion for the art and science of movement and skill development through youth participation in sports and fitness programs. It believes in a quality and enjoyable learning environment that positively encourages and develops the body, mind and spirit. It strongly believes success is achieved through the motivation and determination of the Management, Principal, Staffs, Students, and Coaches working together to form a desire and a dream. It firmly relay on strong Dedication, Discipline and Determination (3D’s) towards the vision – missions - objectives and has a fashion of conducting various sports and recreational activities throughout the entire year. Hence the Department of Physical Education and Sports mark itself as one amongst the most efficacious department of PES College of Engineering, Mandya.
“FIT AND FINE IN BODY AND MIND” – INCULCATE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND SPORTS IS A WAY OF LIFE.
- Provide most advanced sophisticated state of the art of sports infrastructure and facilities, motivate students and facultiesto adopt physical activity & sports culture to become fit and fine.
- Provide Recreational,Gregarious, Attractive, Practical and Innovative knowledge of uncompromising quality that meets the health and fitness needs of the entire PESCE family.
- Indoctrinate sports consciousness, encourage skill development, cultivate a spirit of sportsmanship, promote the values of integrity among the students.
- Create greater opportunity for the students to participate in various levels of sports competitions to place the best college in sporting activity among the engineering colleges affiliated to VTU, Belagavi and in India.
- Conducting intramural tournaments in various sports and other physical fitness related activities which make involve mass participation of students and staffs of the college.
- Conducting selection trials to raise college teams in various disciplines of sports for Inter-collegiate tournament.
- Offering several scholarships, monetary awards, track-suites, uniforms to the sportsmen to encourage outstanding performers and medalists in sports every year.
- Organizing VTU Inter Collegiate, VTU Inter Zone, Inter University, State Level, National Level and other tournaments whenever we get an opportunity.
- Conducting sports awareness program on sports as a means for the promotion of health, fitness, national integration and communal harmony.
- Promote the traditional and rural sport to encourage cultural integrity among the students.