Automobile Engineering Association (AEA):
In order to encourage and promote the various extracurricular activities of the students, Automobile Engineering Association is formed which focus on the students activities. The association invites experts from the various Institutes/Research organizations regularly to deliver the guest lecturer about the latest developments and innovations in the field of Automobile Engineering and share their experience with the students and the staff members.
SAE (INDIA) Collegiate club:
Society of Automobile Engineers (SAE) is leading resource for mobility technology. SAEINDIA is an affiliate society of SAE International registered in India as Indian nonprofit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility industry in India.
- All students and faculty members of the department are members of SAE Collegiate club
- Conducting activities like Workshop, Technical Talks, Auto Expo, Etc.,
- Students participated in international competitions like BAJA, a vehicle design competitions and other national level competitions.
- Gives a platform for interaction with Industrial persons
- The department of Automobile engineering organized a state level event 'Wheeled evolution' every year. This includes events like Technical paper presentation, Auto Quiz, Veggie race, Gear'd up, Stunt Biking, and a Mega event Dirt Battles (Motor cycles Dirt track race).
Events of the year 2008-09:
- Industrial visit: JKTyre-April 5th 2008, BOSCH- 9.4.2008, MHI-VST diesel Engine (India) pvt.ltd.,, mysore- 15th nov-2008, K.M.S.Coach builders,kengeri,Bangalore- 17th sept-2009
- Technical talk: " Vehicle insurance" – 8th march 2008, speaker- chethan, reliance general insurance compmant ltd., mysore
- Technical talk : " Recent advances in Commercial Vehicle Technology" to demonstrate the vehicle. From, V.E.Commercial vehicles ltd.,Bangalore – Sri.N.Radhakrishnan,deputy manager(service), P.Pichumani, Asst. manager, M.L.Devegowda, works manager & sri. M.S.Sadananda, Asst.manager(sales), EICHER motors,Bangalore on 25th nov-2008.
- Technical talk on Vedic mathematics, Prof. S.A Rahim- - 13.11.08
- Publishing: Magazine on Nov-2008, Wheeled evolution vol-1 & issue-1, SAEINDIA(PESCE chapter)
- Department technical Fest: Vahan-2008, 10nd and 11th Nov 2008
Events of the year 2009-10:
- Wheeled Evolution 2009: An Automobile Fest cum Expo-Chief guest: Sri Subramanya Ullal, G.M.( Head of Manufacturing & Materials),Bosch Ltd, Mr. Vinod, Sales manager, trident motors, mysore, Mr.Venkat, M.D., Autoservice, Banglre.- 4th april 2009.
- Valedictory- 1st june 2009
- Inaugurals of AEA: 10th oct-2009, guests: Mr.K.K.Jaha, GM (production. JK Tyre, S. Vasudev Rao, Deputy GM(Technical), JK Tyre, M.R.Ravindra Kumar, Manger(Engg), JK Tyre, Mysore
- Inaguration of SAE collegiate club & one day workshop: Sri.P.Srinivasa Raghvan, SAE India, Bangalore section.
Events of the year 2010-11:
- Valedictory function AEA on 15/5/2010 at Talakadu & Simsha
- Training module for Engineering college students- BOSCH- 26/7/2010( no of students-17)
- Industrial visit by V and VII semster students - TAFE, Doddaballapura- 12th Nov 2010
- Industrial visit by V and VII semster students – K S R T C Regional workshop, kengeri, Bangalore-11.02.2011
- Inter departmental volley ball tournament( Autocup) Inauguration 4.03.2011
- Inaugural function A E A 2010 on 19.10.2010- chief guests- Y.H.Srinivas, and T.Nagarj ,Diesel Trainer, Diagnostic Product Marketing, Bosch Training Centre, Bangalore
Events of the year 2011-12:
- Industrial visit by IV and VI semster students : Automotive Axles Ltd., Hootagalli Indl area, Mysore on 16th April 2011.
- Visit for project study by VIII sem students; MAC India Coach Builders(P) Ltd., on 5.09.2011.
- Inaugural function of AEA - 2011: 12th November 2011 and Technical talk on "Advances in Ground Vehicle Technology" by Mr. Vijaykanthan Damodarn, Engineering General Manager(Aero and Energy), General motors, Banglre.
- Attending Bosch internship training programme on 23rd,24th&25th January 2012.(22 students)
- Conducted CAD/CAE certificate course during Jan-Feb 2012 by MSM consultancy Services, Bangalore.
- Industrial visit by VI and VIII semster students: Singh Motor Coach bus body builders, Tubinkere Industrial area, Mandya on 31st march 2012.
- Dept Technical Fest "Wheeled evolution-2012" & Dirt track bike racing: 27th & 28th April 2012 AEA state level event as a part of golden jubilee celebration.
- Industrial visit by VI and VIII semster students: BEML, Mysore on 05.05.2012.
Events of the year 2012-13:
- Special training program on Bosch CRDI for Engg Students on 06/11/2012
- Industrial visit by V and VII semster students: Toyota Kirlosker- 22.08.12
- Technical talk by: Dr. M.Mahadevaiah on 17/11/2012, Topic: "The role of entrepreneurship development in self employment"
- Slow bike race for women on 22/12/12 in association with Rotary club,
- Wheeled evolution 2012-13 – 26th & 27th April 2013.
Events of the year 2013-14:
- One day workshop on "The Recent developments in Fuel Injection System in Automobiles"- 26th April 2013.
- Five days SDP on "Advances in Fuel injection System and Vehicle Diagnostics"- 10th to 14th February 2014.
- "WHEELED EVOLUTION-2014" on 25th & 26th April 2014.- an Dept event includes Auto Expo, Gear'd up, Auto Quiz, Stunt Bikikg & Veggie Race.
- A Technical talk on "Automotive Components testing & Evaluation" - 22nd May 2014 by Sri. Shamsundara B.V,General Manager, R&D and Testing, Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI),PUNE.
- PESCE Automobile Engineering Alumni meet on 1st June 2014.
Events of the year 2014-15:
- Celebrated Teachers Day on 5th September 2014.
- 11th September 2014 - technical talk on "Entrepreneurship and management along with development skills". The speaker Mr. Sridhar B.S from WE CARE INSURANCE PVT LTD., Bangalore.
- Inauguration of AEA on 16th October 2014
- 16th October 2014- technical talk on "Taking the suspension out of the suspension system of an automobile". The speaker Mr. Anoop Srinivasan, Bangalore.
- 21st November 2014- SAE INDIA inaugural function & Tech Talk by
- i) Gopal N Ramaswamy, G M, Continental Automotive Components Pvt Ltd, Bangalore on Power train engine system
- ii) Purushotham Joshi, SAE India, Bangalore Section on Baja approach
- Industrial visit to BEML, Mysore on 22nd November 2014.
- SAE INDIA – Member ship drive and Info session by Kamran Shaid on 21st February 2015 at Placement Auditorium.
- Industrial visit to J K Tyres, Mysore on11th April 2015.
- VALEDICTORY Function of AEA and Send of function for Final year students conducted on 16th June 2015.
Achievements : Faculty & Students
- The Automobile Engineering Association (AEA) was started in the year 1982 with the objectives of providing the students and staff additional knowledge and wide exposure and to bring out hidden talents to the fore. It has since been right on target.
- The SAE India Collegiate club was started in the year 2008. SAE (Society for Automotive Engineers) India provides platform for the students of all branches of engineering and faculty members to interact with the leaders in Automotive Industry and also they are exposed to the latest technology advances in Automobile Engineering.
- Two short term training programme (STTP), sponsored by AICTE/ISTE and Teqip and number of workshops have been organized, which were well organized and appreciated.
- It has bagged Forty Eight university ranks since beginning.
- Number of interactive technical lectures have been conducted in the department
- It has well established DEPARTMENTAL LIBRARY since 1982 and has adequate collection of useful books which are utilized by the staff and students of the department, every year and substantial number of books are added.
- It has well equipped laboratories and good infrastructure for conducting research and project work in the related fields of Automobile Engineering.
- Potential project works have been undertaken by the students in all the emerging areas with competent staff's guiding them, which have consolidated its industry institution interaction.
- Sponsored project worth Rs. 5.0 lakhs has been undertaken from AICTE.
- For good interaction between students and staff STUDENT COUNSELORS have been nominated to foresee, motivate and solve academic problems faced by the students.
- Teaching staff are always encouraged to attend and present technical papers at national and international seminars and conference so as to be always in the forefront of emerging fields.
- The department has developed large number of teaching aids and charts and also houses a large collection of working models, which are used during demonstrations.
- The Automobile Engineering students graduated from the department are well placed throughout the country as well as abroad.
- At present FIVE students are pursuing Ph.D and ONE is doing M. Sc. (Engg.) by Research under the guidance of our competent staff of the department.
- Our staff members are worked as Chairman and members of various Boards of VTU and Government Bodies such as Board of studies, Board of Examiners, Technical committee constituted by Govt. of Karnataka for Implementation of speed governors for commercial vehicles, Revamping of syllabus for vocational education, Board of studies of Karnataka State Open University Board of studies of M S Ramaiah University of applied sciences.etc.,
- One of our staff member Dr. D. Ramegowda has won Best paper award for his paper: "Technology and Human resource interface through the RPPSC concepts" was presented at 34th Annual National convention of ISTE, New Delhi, and December 2004.
- The students of 2009-10 batch won the Best project award from the ISTE Chapter, PESCE, Mandya.
- The Department of Automobile Engineering has been recognized as RESEARCH – CENTRE (VTU/Aca/2006-07/3200) by Visvesvaraya Technological University Belgaum to Pursue M. Sc Engineering (by Research) and for Doctoral Programme.
- The department has an exclusive Alumni association for Automobile engineers - PESCE Automobile Engineering Alumni Association, Mandya.
- The department is conducting its annual fest regularly Wheeled Evolution, a state level intercollegiate technical fest.
Student's Extra Curricular activities:
- ISTE,PESCE chapter &Students chapter, P.e.s.c.e, Mandya- project presentation- Ist prize- 08-06-2010(Iftikar Rehman, Sunil kumar K. M,Abhilash N, Gaurav D Sainani)
- P.E.S.C.E, MANDYA in association with Li2-Innovations Pvt.Ltd., conducted workshop Li2-Robo-III on 24th &25th April 2010.- paricipents-kamran
- Sahyadri college of engg & mangmt, Dept. of Mech. Engg- State level Technical paper Presentation competition- Readme 11- Chandan V.Bhat, PESCE,MAndya won the 3rd place on 29th march 2011.
- Department of Information Science & ENgg , PESCE,Mandya- Techis-11 conducting National level Technical symposium on 10th,11th,& 12th March-2011. From our dept. Aniruddha.H participated in BIGTalk, Impressario & IInd place in quiz(pioneer 2011, E&E).
- P.E.S.C.E, MANDYA in association with Li2-Innovations Pvt.Ltd., conducted workshop Li2-Robo-Eye W/s on 19th & 20th October 2010. Participents- kiran .g, Chandan.v.bhat
- SAEINDIA- Blitzrieg Racing -2012 Baja SAE
- IIT Delhi & TRYST 2012 awarding the certificate to Neville V John for participating final rounds of ROBO –OPUS-2012 at IIT-Delhi on 2nd – 5th March.
- Abhishek V participated in IMPRESARIO event conducted by IEEE PESCE Student Branch, PESCE, Mandya during CRESCO 12 on 2nd & 3rd March 2012 & secured 2nd place.
- KIran.G(4PS09AU010) has successfully completed his Industrial Training with reference to JK Tyre & Industries Ltd., Mysore from 7.01.2012 to 17.01.2012. under the guidance of Mr.Ananda Rao, Sr. Manager-Mechanical. And also he completed the Internship at M/s Metro Ford, Bangalore during 20-1-12 to 31-1-12.
- Susheel H.O representing Blitzkrieg racing, pesce, mandya participated in Virtual baja saeindia organized by SAEINDIA at Dayananda sagar Institutions, Bangalore on 19 – 20 August 2011.
- Sandeep Reddy D attended Olympiad exam on 10th to 12th September 2013.
- Abhishek V participated in Sumvaad event organized by IEEE PESCE student branch, PESCE, Mandya and secured First place during CRESCO 12.0 on 2nd & 3rd March 2012.
- Susheel H.O participated in Counter strike ( Maidan) event organized by IEEE PESCE student branch, PESCE, Mandya and secured First place during CRESCO 12.0 on 2nd & 3rd March 2012.
- Vinaya Katokar R – passed the AGKF GOJU RYU KARATE –DO FEDERATION of India as Referee "A" at Bangalore on 27th & 28th October 2012
- ISTE- 16th annual students convention 2013- Adithya Acharya B 7th sem student attend the national convention of ISTE , held at Periyar Maniammal University, Periyanagar, Vallam, Tanjavur on 27th & 28th Sept-2013.
- ISTE- PESCE CHAPTERS YOUTH RED CROSS WING PESCE MANDYA Organises Rock climbing, Rappelling & Aerial crossing Trekking programme at Kunti Hills, Pandavapura
On Sunday March 16th 2014 -Vinaya Katokar R – VII sem
- The Great Indian Budokai Karate – Do Training School –India, Academy of Martial Arts, Vinaya Katokar R displayed proficiency & skill in the art of Japanese Karate – do & attained the rank of BROWN-III Belt (SAN Kyu)-16/02/2014
- Ganesh Kowdinya.R 5th sem selected for Graduate Dialogue Program conducted by Mercedes – Benz from November 12- 14, 2014 in Bangalore.