Foundation of excellence imparting best teaching-learning solutions in Engineering Chemistry towards developing competent professionals.
- Developing competent faculty to standardize curricula and deliver quality
- Nurturing students towards sound learning in chemical sciences
- Facilitation of inter disciplinary programmes
- Under Graduate Programme
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
- Research Programme
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The objectives of the Engineering Chemistry Program are to produce graduates who:
- are well prepared in basic knowledge, skills, and awareness of current practice to practice engineering Chemistry for engineering students.
- are able to analyze and improve practical knowledge of Engineering Chemistry experiments like volumetric and Instrumental analysis.
- possess ability to analyze and determine effectively.
- understand the economical, societal and environmental impact and ethical and professional responsibilities of engineers.
- recognize the need for and possess the ability to engage in life-long learning, for a considerable length of service while pursuing a career even after the completion of degree.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, ABET, USA, now adopted in NBA has set forth the following as the program outcomes
- to apply knowledge of mathematics, science (Physics and Chemistry), and engineering
- to conduct experiments as well as analyze.
- to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- to identify, formulate, and solve engineering chemistry problems
- have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- to communicate effectively
- have the broad education to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- possess the ability to engage in life-long learning
- possess a knowledge of contemporary issues
- to use the chemical skills, and modern chemical methods necessary for engineering practice
SHORT TERM GOALS, MID TERM GOALS & LONG TERM GOALS
Short term goals
- Academic performance excellence in basic sciences
- Guest lecturers/seminars from eminent faculty
- Faculty development programmes
- Project proposals and fund raising
Mid term goals
- Modernization of chemistry labs
- Conducting national conferences
- Establishment of research centre
Long term goals
- Inter disciplinary research activities
- Establishing centre of excellence