Departmental Association :
In order to encourage and promote the various extracurricular activities
of the students, Civil Engineering Association is formed which focus on
the students activities. The association conducts various activities both
curricular and co- curricular aimed at making the students technically sound
and proficient. The association invites experts from the various institutes/Research
organizations regularly to deliver the guest lecturer about the latest developments
and innovations in the field of Civil Engineering and share their experience
with the students and the staff members. The faculty member interacts with
the students regularly to solve their problems. Various programs are designed
in order develop the sense of leadership, team work managerial skills of
the students and are encouraged to participate in various inter collegiate/
university sports and games. Students of our department have performed excellently
in various sports & other technical events at both inter collegiate & university
levels. Many of the students have won prizes for their performance. Projects
tour, industrial visits are organized regularly in addition to the regular
curriculum to keep them abreast with the recent advances in the technology.
The Civil Engineering Association consists of Student representatives from
Rector: Dr. Gopi Siddappa Prof & HOD,
Staff Advisor: Sri Jayashankar Babu, Associate Prof.
Student Secretary: Sri Pruthvi Kadam, Final year
The activities arranged by the department for the year 2010-2011 are given
Activities for the academic year 2010-11
- July 20 to 22 2010, 3days Technical training for V semester students
& along with site visit.
- Aug 05-07, 3days workshop on "Total Station Survey" for
VII semester students.
- Sep15 2010 Engineers day celebration and honoring reputed alumni Sri
L. Lingaiah of 1968 batch.
- Sep15 2010, Technical lecture by eminent civil engineer Umesh B Rao
on "Long Span Structures".
- Oct 14 2010, Inauguration of association by Cap. H.C. Krishnaprasad,
- Nov 24 2010, Honoring Topper in concrete technology by Ultra tech
cements and technical lecture by eminent civil engineer Chandramouleshwar
on "Challenges in deep excavation".
- May 7 2011 one day workshop on "Building construction methodology
" for VIII semester students.
- May 25 2011 Valedictory function of association and guest of honour
was Sri. M.Varadaraju, Prof in Kannada delivered Valedictory address.
- The departmental students bagged II place in Filmi choreography state
level dance competition in " Flair -2010 " VTU Cultural fest,
held between 1-3 Nov 2010 at Gubbi for the year 2010- 11.
- The departmental cultural team" Innocent Boys" won I place
"ECHNIX -11 "Skit competition for the year 2010- 11.
- The departmental cricket team "CIVIL EAGLES" are the champions
of IT cup for the year 2010- 11.
- The departmental Kho-kho team are the champions of annual sport meet
for the year 2010- 11.
- The departmental volley ball team reached semis in Auto cup tournament
for the year 2010- 11.
Vinyas is a state level technical event organized in department since
2009 with a view to provide a platform for the Civil Engineering students
from various colleges can exhibit their technical talents and skills in
quiz, quick surveying, technical paper presentation, 3D modeling, creative
modeling etc. Vinyas is conducted from civil engineering department every
year in the month of March.
Further details about the activities of association please see web site:
Ours is the only department in the college having Alumni association
for civil engineers under the banner PESCE CIVIL ENGG. ALUMNI ASSOCITION,
Mandya. It has started officially on 10-05-2009.
ALUMNI Meet of PESCE CIVIL ENGG ASSOCIATION will be held annually in
the month of May exclusively for old students of Civil Engineering Dept.
in the college campus.
Executive Committee of PESCE CIVIL ENGINEERING ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- President: Dr.Gopi
Siddappa Prof. & HOD Civil Engg. Dept.
- Vice President: D. Shivaraju Keelara (1980) AEE
H.J. Ningaraju (1983) Asst. Professor, Civil Dept.
- Joint secretary: C.C. Ramesha (1984) Charted Engineer
B.S. Jayashankara Babu (1985) Asst. Professor, Civil Dept
- Javarayee (1976) AEE
- Dr.S.V. Rajeev (1979) Professsor
- Dr. B. G. Naresh Kumar (1981) Professsor
- H.S. Suresh Chandra (1982) Asst. Professor, Civil Dept
- N. Krishna Kumar (1984) AE
- Kale Gowda (1989)AE
- H.M. Honnesh (1994) Contractor
- Kum. Tabassum Aara (2007) AE