Department of Excellence developing engineers to address construction challenges.
- Develop Faculty, Staff And Students
- Create And Nurture Ambience For Learning, Innovation And Research
- Develop New Construction Materials And Technology
- Partner In Developing Skilled Labour Through Vocational Programmes.
- The construction activity is the second largest activity in India next to agriculture. Civil engineering industry is much larger than any other industry and the civil engineers have to play a major role in the development of the country. The department of civil engineering desires its students to excel in the changing trends in global scenario possessing the infrastructure for the center of excellence.
(A) Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Bachelor of Engineering Programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering [B.E. (Civil)] during four years term aims to
- Provide the students with strong fundamental and advanced knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering with respect to Civil Engineering discipline with an emphasis to solve engineering problems
- Prepare the students through well - designed curriculum to excel in bachelor degree programme in Civil Engg. in order to engage in teaching or industrial or any technical profession and to pursue higher studies
- Train students with intensive and extensive engineering knowledge and skill so as to understand, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions in the field of Civil engineering.
- Inculcate in students the professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, team spirit, multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- Provide students with an excellent academic environment to promote leadership qualities, character moulding and lifelong learning as required for a successful professional career.
(B) Programme Outcomes (POs)
The BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING Programme in Civil Engineering [B.E. (Civil)] must demonstrate that its graduates have
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to develop art of planning and executing constructional activities.
- An ability to design and construct Civil Engineering structures
- An ability to function effectively as an individual and as a member of engineering teams of other disciplines.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility at local, national and international levels.
- An ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing on social and technical occasions in local and global scenarios.
- The broad education to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- An ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broad context of technological change.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues at local, national and international levels.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering software tools which are necessary for engineering practice.
These programme outcomes (POs) are achieved through an array of courses. To ensure the achievement of POs, the course learning outcomes (CLOs) are so formulated that they address the POs.