A) Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs) of Bachelor of Engineering Programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering
||Dr. K A Radhakrishana Rao
M.Tech.,Ph.D, BMESI, MISTE, MIETE
Professor & HOD
Dep. of Electronics & Communication Engg
The Bachelor of Engineering Programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering [B.E. (E&C)] during four years term, aims to
B) Programme Outcomes (POs) of Bachelor of Engineering Programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- provide the students with strong fundamental and advanced knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering with respect to Electronics and Communication Engineering discipline with an emphasis to solve engineering problems
- prepare the students through well - designed curriculum to excel in bachelor degree programme in E&C Engg. in order to engage in teaching or industrial or any technical profession and to pursue higher studies
- train students with intensive and extensive engineering knowledge and skill so as to understand, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- inculcate in students the professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, team spirit, multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- provide students with an excellent academic environment to promote leadership qualities, character moulding and lifelong learning as required for a successful professional carrier.
The Bachelor of Engineering Programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering [B.E. (E&C) ] must demonstrate that its graduates have
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to develop both analog and digital electronic and communication circuits and systems including software and hardware entities.
- an ability to design and construct analog and digital electronic circuits, and to conduct experiments on them to analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design, simulate and fabricate electronic and communication systems, components, devices as well as to design and simulate the analog and digital processes of physical world.
- an ability to function effectively as an individual and as a member of engineering teams of electrical, computer, information, automobile, mechanical and other disciplines.
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve the problems of both analog and digital electronic and communication circuits and systems including software and hardware entities.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility at local, national and international levels.
- an ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing on social and technical occasions in local and global scenarios.
- the broad education to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- an ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broad context of technological change.
- a knowledge of contemporary issues at local , national and international levels.
- an ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering hardware and soft ware tools which are necessary for engineering practice.
These programme outcomes (POs) are achieved through an array of courses. To ensure the achievement of POs, the course learning outcomes (CLOs) are so formulated that they address the POs.
- Teachers with Ph.D. - 04
- Teachers with M.Tech /ME -18
- Non-Teaching and Ministerial Staff - 14
- Total Staff - 36
- Total Area (ground + two floors) - 1422 Sq. Mtrs.
- Cadence Laboratory and New HDL Laboratory
- Department Library (3000 Volumes)
- Internet Room
- TEQIP (World Bank) Grant
- AICTE - Grant
- VGST (Govt. of Karnataka)
- VTU - Grant
- B.E. (E &C) = 120
- M.Tech = 24
- B.E. (E&C) - 16 (VTU) + 20 (Autonomous) = 36
- M.Tech. = 02 (VTU)
- Guides - 4
- Students - 25
- Area - VLSI, Wireless Communication, Networks,
Image Processing, Medical Electronics.
- Non - Technical
- Personality Development
- Career Guidance
- Communication Skills
- Aptitude Coaching
- Soft Skills
- Competitive Examination Coaching
(Candidates selected during last four years)
- Tech Mahindra & Mahindra Satyam
- Exilant Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- Span Infotech
- CoreEl Technologies
- Globals technologies
- Earnst & Young
- Societe General
- Tayana Software
- Mind Tree
- Symphony Services
- Robert Bosch
- L & T IES
- Wipro Technologies
- Mercedes Benz