"To develop globally competent computer professionals by exploring latest technologies through continuous learning, research and innovation."
"To impart quality technical education in modern practices of Computer Science and Engineering through competent faculties, state of the art teaching-learning infrastructure and methodologies".
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO'S):
- To To provide students with a strong basis in the mathematical,
scientific and engineering fundamentals to solve computer science engineering
problems and to prepare them for employment, higher learning, R&D and consultancy.
- To provide technical knowledge, skills and awareness of current technologies of
computer science engineering and to develop an ability to design and provide
novel engineering solutions for software/hardware problems through entrepreneurial skills.
- To provide an exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies to work as
teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities.
- To provide an ability to function ethically and responsibly in a
rapidly changing environment by applying innovative technologies that allows
them to become effective professionals in Computer Science to sustain a life-long career in related areas.
Program Outcomes (PO'S):
A graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering Program will demonstrate :
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematical foundations,
computer science and engineering fundamentals.(Fundamental engineering analysis skills).
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and formulate the computing requirements
appropriate to its solution (Information retrieval skills).
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system,
process, component, or program to meet desired needs. (Creative skills).
- TAn ability to identify, formulate and solve computer science engineering problems
for obtaining its solutions using the appropriate computing and engineering
requirements (engineering problem solving skills).
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools
necessary for computing and engineering practice (practical engineering analysis skills).
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a
global and societal context (engineering impact assessment skills).
- A knowledge of contemporary issues (social awareness).
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social
issues and responsibilities (professional integrity).
- An ability to function effectively individually and on teams to accomplish a common goal (teamwork).
- An ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
with a range of audiences (speaking / writing skills).
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional
development and life-long learning (continuing education awareness).
- An ability to acquire concepts to integrate computer science and engineering
principles in the construction of software and hardware systems of varying complexity (software hardware interface).
- An ability to recognize the importance of professional development
by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer
challenging and rewarding careers in computing (successful career and immediate employment).
- Strengthening of Infrastructure
- Faculty development programmes
- Encourage academic excellence
- Project proposals to raise funded projects
Mid Term Goals:
- Establishing centre of excellence
- Conducting international conference
- Establish industry-institute interaction
Long Term Goals:
- Patents filing
- Establishing new laboratories