P. E. S. College of Engineering, Mandya, under the guidance of Late Sri. K V Shankara Gowda, Founder, Former Education Minister, Dr. H D Chowdaiah Ex. MLA & MLC and under the current chairmanship of Sri. K S Vijay Anand, caters to the educational needs of youth by running well-established technical institution.
The P.E.S College of Engineering, Mandya has also taken up the responsibility of promoting sports in an extensive manner. It has impressive state-of-the-art infrastructure for sports, comprising of most advanced, sophisticated and modern sports facilities.
- As a first attempt, the Indoor Stadium was constructed at the cost of Rs.1.0 crore in the year 1998 consisting of four Badminton Wooden Courts, Multi Gymnasium for boys and girls (separate and 45 members at a time), Chess, Carom, and Weight Lifting.
- A cement Basket Ball Court was constructed in the year 1998 at an expense of Rs.10 lakhs.
- In the year 1999, Swimming Pool with eight tracks (25 Mts. In Length) was constructed at a cost of Rs.71.5 lakhs. The swimming pool is complete with all modern facilities like filter mechanism and chlorine-oxygen control system.
- PESCE Cricket Stadium with turf cricket Ground was built in the year 2002 at a cost of Rs.1 Crore 60 lakhs.
- In the year 2003, three synthetic Tennis courts of International Standard at the cost of Rs. 25 Lakhs and Clay Tennis court (ITF Tournament in Dec. 2010, June 2012) was made.
- Table Tennis Indoor stadium was started in the year 2002 and in the year 2004, Multi-Purpose Stadium was renovated at the cost of Rs. 25 lakhs. This stadium is for Athletics (Eg: 200 meters track) and also for Football and Hockey.
- In the 2005, a Mini Outdoor stadium was constructed for the purpose of Ball badminton and hand ball.
- Along with the above said games, Volleyball, Kho-Kho and Kabbaddi have also been provided with independent courts.
- The PESCE has not confined itself to provide mere physical infrastructure but has also been able to attract good coaches from SAI/SAK and Private Coaches to impart training in Badminton, Gym, Swimming, Weight lifting, Table Tennis, Tennis Cricket etc., to name few, PET Tennis Association, PET Cricket Academy, PET Swimming Academy, PET Badminton Academy etc.