Master of Business Administration-> Overview
The Post Graduate Department of Management Studies (PGDOMS) was started during the year 2009. It comprises of well experienced qualified faculty members from Industry & Academia to impart latest information to students & train them to meet the liberalized and globalized market demand.
It comprises of state of art physical infrastructure, departmental library with latest magazines and journals. The department thrives to cater the needs of the corporate world. The department makes a point to focus on each and every student’s upliftment in academia as well as personal wellbeing. The department conducts regular placement and training activities to make sure that students are employable. The various companies where our students are working comprises of Automobile, Capital goods, Health Care, Media. IT, Banking and Finance, Infrastructure, FMCG, Pharma, so on and so forth. The few companies to name few are like Accenture, Infosys, Janalakshmi, Accent HR, Earnest and Young, HGS, Axis Bank, Vtiger, Capgemini, Quest, Equitues and so on.
The department apart from emphasizing and imparting quality education also gives stress in quality research activities. The department is recognised as a research centre from VTU, Belagavi and University of Mysore for guiding students towards their PhD degree. The department regularly organizes industrial visits, Technical lectures by experts from industries and institutes in contemporary areas to bridge the gap between syllabi and current developments.
“Centre for pursuing Business Management by Developing Best Leadership through best Pedagogical methods.”
- M1 - To create an ambience for Creative & Innovative Learning
- M2 - To develop Self Confident & Self Reliant Leaders for future
- M3 - To impart Business Acumen with Right Values & Culture
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To help and enable the students to acquire knowledge, skills in different verticals of Business management practices.
- PEO2 To help and enable the students to apply such knowledge to different business areas and develop solution for betterment of business in the most ethical manner.
- PEO3 To help and enable the students to develop overall personality to execute their skills.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems
- PO2 Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data based decision making.
- PO3 Ability to develop value based leadership ability.
- PO4 Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business.
- PO5 Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, Contributing effectively to a team environment.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)